Our Story

 Our Mission Statement

To present teenage-friendly news for our community members to make them aware of current affairs and inspire them to be responsible citizens, being the change themselves.

Our What, How and Why

Here at The Veritas News Desk, we aim to provide our audience with the news they like. Be it sports, current affairs, the introduction of new policies or anything informative that one needs to be acquainted with, we strive to present it in a friendly manner.
We publish completely uncensored & unbiased news and refrain from sharing any propaganda. Even though the news we present is uncensored, we try our best to present it in a comical and interesting manner that's engaging. We plan to present local news, especially news that concerns students.
We aim to publish at least one issue every fortnight.

That said, is news these days really true or easily understandable? Sadly, no. A lot of news sources use complicated words and advertise other news and sources, so the reader gets confused and overwhelmed. This tends to make the reader misinterpret the news content and form biased opinions, which is one of the ways misinformation spreads. We aim to remove this barrier by simplifying the news, and yet making it as close to the source truth as possible. This way we ensure two things :
  1. The reader understands the news and thus avoids the possibility of spreading fake news, misinformation, or in some cases, propaganda.
  2. Sometimes, when we find information intriguing, we want to share it with other people, be it peers, parents or other family members. It is an interesting psychological effect. We plan to take advantage of this by making the news as understandable as possible, leading to a chain reaction of spreading the news, and less misinformation. 
We totally don't plan to take over the world -

About us : 

The Veritas News Desk is a team effort by 5 students from St. Patrick's Higher Secondary School, Asansol. We got the wonderful opportunity to start this News Desk through the Via NewsDidi workshop, and are extremely grateful to them for providing us with such an amazing outlet! 

Get to know the team : 




Adrita Banerjee - Writing
Hi! I'm a student of Grade 9 who loves producing beats and drawing. I like to listen to Death Metal songs and love reading books.

Chehal Jewrajka - Writing and Team Management
Hey! I'm from Grade 11. I play the guitar and love anything and everything related to music. I do photography in my spare time. Psychology interests me a lot and I'm also a huge bookworm, so feel free to leave recommendations!

Debojeet Das - Writing
Hey! I study in Grade 9 and I like making people around me aware of current affairs. I have strong morals about justice and work for the same. Also, I love seeing the feedback, so please keep them coming!

Disha Roy - Research and Editing
Hey! I'm a student from Grade 11 and I love coding. I also read fiction as a hobby, and am open to recommendations!

Samanwaya Datta - Writing and Blog Management
Hello there! I am a student in Grade 11. I love learning 3D graphics, dystopian stories like Black Mirror, and love news and information. Especially the ones that involve conspiracies and paradoxes. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Debunking Propaganda

Why do we fall for fake news?