An Open Letter to all Journalists

 An Open Letter to all Journalists



Dear Journalists,

Thank you. 

Journalism nowadays can be one of the most exhausting and demanding tasks in media. Despite this, you continue to provide us with unbiased and fact-based content. For this, we are extremely grateful.
Though it can be quite easy to use raunchy headlines or irrelevant content to bump numbers up, you still choose to be truthful and maintain integrity. 

The current youth needs to be educated to create an intelligent future. Educated not just in academics, but also in the field of current affairs. To truly understand the problem of others, we need to be empathetic. Empathy develops in people through communication and listening to their stories. Journalism, in essence, is the art of storytelling from different perspectives. 

Building trust and connection between the readers and the writers, be it parasocial in nature, can help a lot in content absorption. Accepting feedback from the community is also just as important. 
We would love to see a platform where the common reader can interact with the authors of a given piece of content comfortably and anonymously. 

Sincerely,
The Veritas Team

Values we stand for

Adrita
"If I were a journalist, I'd devote myself to work against the spread of misinformation."

Chehal
"If I were a journalist, the value which I'd strive to uphold would be equity."

Debojeet
"If I were a journalist, I'd strive to work against all variants of gender and LGBTQIA+ discrimination."

Disha
"If I were a journalist, I'd work towards maintaining honesty and integrity in media."

Samanwaya
"If I were a journalist, I'd work towards presenting fact-based news rather than running after numbers."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Debunking Propaganda

Why do we fall for fake news?